Thursday, March 5, 2015

Jersey shore 2013 - Chambersburg to Cape May, NJ

I thought I should get caught up on our blog today - it's a snow day in March 2015.  I write notes in a journal when we travel which is more convenient when you're on the road and don't always have wi-fi.  The problem is that sometimes I don't have time to catch up on this blog!  Well today is the day to write about our spontaneous trip to the Jersey shore back in the summer of 2013!

A little background...Doug spent his summers at Long Beach Island as a kid and for the past 10 or so years we have been visiting once a year for Chowderfest in October.  I spent some of my childhood summers in Wildwood with my parents and grandparents and haven't been back for a while.  We would visit Stone Harbor and Cape May while in Wildwood so I have some vague memories of those towns.  We decided a road trip starting at the southern most part in Jersey to the northernmost might be fun.  So, we had 6 days and decided to take Sandy and go on an adventure! :)

  

I didn't want to travel on the turnpike, so we set off on Route 30 and went "back roads" the whole way there.  It seemed like a long trip - it ended up taking us four hours and forty-five minutes.  Made  a couple stops along the way:  Wegman's for sushi and a little roadside fruit stand.  We drove to Cape May at the southern most part of Jersey. We hit a happy hour for some frozen drinks, walked around the town, checking out all the old Victorian houses, then found a seafood restaurant called H&H Seafood. The lobster was calling my name so we settled on that along with some corn on the cob.  It was good, but just not as good as Maine lobster (fresh in Maine!).  They had a great little outdoor seating area right on the water.



 



We finally ended the day in Adventure Bound Camping Resort and just hung out in Sandy.



No comments:

Post a Comment