Wednesday, July 10, 2013

June Road Trip 2013 - Surf City, NC to Wilmington, NC

I was anxious to get everything cleaned up and get on the road.  I wanted to quickly forget about all that rain and my restless night sleeping - Doug said I must have stepped on his head about a dozen times as I was getting up to check for leaks! :)

We read about a bakery and coffee shop that I just had to check out in Surf City, so of course we hit them both.  First the Corner Sweet Bakeshop and Treats where we got some cookies for later.  The owner there loved Sandy - a possible trade??  I could manage living at the beach owning a bakery!  Next we went to the Hunga Bunga Java coffee shop.  We had a delicious smoothie, coffee, and muffin there.  It had a very "chill" tiki vibe so we enjoyed our food and drinks there. 

We left there and headed south to Wilmington, NC.  What a great little town!  We parked near a farmer's market that was going on (it was Saturday) in the historic downtown section.  They have a quaint riverwalk section that has restaurants and shops all along it.  They also have side streets that have the same thing.  We really enjoyed walking around the town, going into the cool shops, listening to some live music along the river, and deciding on a place to eat.  We settled on The George on the Riverwalk because I love being able to eat and look at water at the same time!  The ocean is my favorite, but I'll take a river :)  We had calamari (it's been a long time!) and fish tacos.  Both were very tasty!  We would definitely visit Wilmington again - there were lots of interesting restaurants and I'm sure we didn't see all the shops!








We drove to a hotel tonight.  Tomorrow Katelyn joins us! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment